Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sunday Smorgasbord!

Hello friends! Time to share the randomness of my week with you again! If you haven't already, head on over to Fabulous in First's blog to join up and share your random happenings of the week too! :)


 

{ONE}

 
Well, sadly I didn't accomplish much in my classroom this week. AH! What is the deal?! I still have a few weeks, but a lot to do. Maybe if I quit promising pics of progress, progress will ACTUALLY happen?!? Good thing stressed is desserts spelt backwards! Mmmm...Extreme Moose Tracks sounds good right about now! ;-)

{TWO}

Before
After

Although I didn't accomplish much in the classroom, I did accomplish some things around my house! This year I purchased and built my first home! I have lived in it about 5 months and thought it was time for a little sprucing up! This weekend I added a little curb appeal to my flower beds with the help of my not-so-little brother! I am pretty happy with how it turned out! :)

{THREE}













I bought a sewing machine in March and this summer I have finally had the time to try out a few sewing projects! I began by sewing the ever-popular chevron pattern curtains for my bedroom and now I have taught myself to sew burp cloths! I can't even count the number of my sweet friends that have little buns in the oven, so I thought this would be a good project to try! Here is my VERY first burp cloth! I am pretty happy with how it turned out...just don't look too close! ;-)


{FOUR}



I went to my hometown, Birmingham,  Friday night to spend some time with some of my closest friends! It was such a great time! Now that I am living in Huntsville I don't get to see them as much as I would like, but when we do get together we just pick up right where we left off.  It's funny that our gatherings usually end up with the boys downstairs (watching some kind of sporting event) and the girls upstairs (snacking and chatting), so there aren't any boys pictured here lol! I guess when you get married boys still have cooties! ;-) And by the way...this isn't the best pic, but we were trying out an app. Meg & Cindy might kill me for putting this on here lol! SOWWIE! <3

{FIVE}


Do you Birchbox? I just got my first one in this week and love it! I am currently on the waiting list for Ipsy. I heard the only difference is they send you real sized products instead of sample sized. Once I get an Ipsy box in I am going to decide which I like best and let ONE of the two be my treat each month! We all need to "sharpen the saw" every now & then...right?! What do you guys prefer? :)

{SIX}














Last, but not least, I wanted to remind you that I created and uploaded a few products to TPT this week! If you have a super hero theme or are a whole brain teacher, head on over to my TPT store to check them out! :)





Hope you all had a WONDERFUL week! Can't wait to read your posts!

Thanks for reading my randomness!! 


10 comments:

  1. Hi Roxy! I found your blog through the Sunday Smorgasbord link up. Your curb appeal project looks so good! I am terrible at anything outside/yardwork related.
    This is also going to be my 4th year teaching 1st grade. Don't you love it? :)

    I'd love for you to check out my blog, too. I'm your newest follower!

    Mrs. Thompson
    Adventures in Teaching (A First Grade Blog)
    My TpT Store

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girl! I am so glad you found me and thank you for the sweet compliment on the yard! It took FOR-E-VER! LOL! If it wasn't for my brother's help, I guarantee it wouldn't have gotten finished in one day!

      This will be my 4th year too, but 3rd in 1st! First is by far my favorite! I am heading over to your blog now and can't wait to read all about your teacher journey!

      Keep in touch! :)

      Roxy

      Delete
    2. I just NOW discovered Bloglovin'... I guess I've been living under a rock!
      Also, I wanted to let you know that you are a "No-Reply Blogger"... I didn't know what that meant until recently, but basically it has to do with how Blogger doesn't notify you when someone responds on a post you make on a blog other than your own.
      This is a post that explains it nicely: http://storyofmylifetheblog.blogspot.com/2013/05/a-rant-about-blogger-comments-are-you.html

      Anyway... have a great day! :)
      Mrs. Thompson

      Delete
    3. Hehe! Well, I finally found you on there so all is well in the world and you will show up on my feed when you post! :)

      Not sure how that happened, but now that I found you on Bloglovin' I won't worry about it! Thank you for the blog explaining!

      Talk to you soon!

      Roxy

      Delete
  2. Roxy! I'm so glad that you found me and I could check out your blog! It's really cute & we seem so similar!

    I too, am in my fourth-year of teaching first grade. I'm KIND OF getting the hang of it! I'm mentoring a new first-grade teacher this year and hope that I can answer all of her questions. Yikes!

    Those burp cloths are darling! You should open an Etsy shop! :)

    I've seriously been procrastinating about getting back to my classroom. It just seems so hard to do this summer! I have 3 weeks left until the kiddos arrive. I have some SERIOUS work to do before they get here! When do you all head back?

    I've been a Birchbox subscriber for a little over a year. Occasionally I'll get something really cool (last summer I got a full-size Stila bronzer that I loved). I've wanted to try Ipsy, too. I'm anxious to know what you think of them both.

    Have a GREAT week!

    Alisha
    First Grade Follies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I am so glad to have a new blogger buddy! I thought the same thing about your blog too! I am slightly obsessed with owls & the lady bugs are so cute. I am using a free one from Leelou right now, once I get more into this blogging thing I am planning to have a fancy schmancy one made like yours! :)

      Girl, I know what you mean! I'm kind of getting the hang of it too! Last year was a good year. I am feeling a GREAT one coming this year...let's hope I'm right! :) I am sure you will be a great mentor! Especially knowing how she is feeling since you are just freshly removed from her place! Sometimes when you get put with an older mentor they have forgotten that Oh-MY-gosh this is my first year overwhelming feeling! And that is definitely a compliment from your principal for sure! :)

      Thank you about the burp cloth! That is literally the first one I made, so it can only go up from here!

      We are 3 weeks out too! The kids start on the 19th. I don't know what the deal is with me with getting my room ready. This is the first year I haven't had a crazy summer from either moving rooms or grade levels, so I thought it was going to be easy peasy! I guess I work better under pressure!

      Hope you have a great week too!!

      Roxy

      Delete
  3. Haha, glad to hear I'm not the only one rockin' a free blog template while "getting the hang of it". I can't wait to get a better one...but I am.

    I've not done Birchbox, but I've been getting Ipsy bags for 5 months. I love them, but don't be fooled, you get some sample sized things, too. Usually, they are "deluxe" sample sizes, but I've gotten a thing or two that are quite small. Plus, several things that just have not been great for me or my complexion (colorwise). I guess nothing's perfect, and I've loved more stuff than I've disliked...only problem? Now I want to buy things like eyeliner that costs over $20 a pop. LOL. But yes, we definitely deserve to "sharpen the saw" as you said. I think my hubs is liking that I am trying out new and different things with my look! I will say that the Ipsy bags are cute...but if I stick with them for a long time, I'm going to have one heck of a collection of small makeup bags...I'm sure I can find a classroom use for them, right??? Fun random Sunday post, thanks for sharing!

    Becca
    Kindergarten A to Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I don't know about you, but this girl is all about some free! ;-)

      Glad to hear you like Ipsy! You're like me. I got on this makeup kick trying things out and bought everything under the sun! Some things I cringe about the amount of denero I spent! Whatever you do-- DON'T start watching YouTube videos! My amazon account definitely got some use while I was stuck on watching makeup tutorials. Even though Charlie was diggin' the new looks, my pocketbook wasn't! Oh and about the bags.. you could TOTALLY use them in the classroom! Or even use them as small gift bags for your girlfriends..you could have them monogrammed!?! The possibilities are endless! Anyways, can a girl ever have too many bags??

      Thanks for stopping by! Is your blog registered on Bloglovin'? I would love to follow your posts! Headed over to your blog now! :)

      Roxy

      Delete
  4. LOVE your curb appeal Rox!! Looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete