Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Monthly Goals: Back to School Edition Linky!

I am very excited to be linking up with Jess over at  I {heart} Recess for her super fun linky party today! This was great for me to set a few goals for myself rather than have A ZILLION and one things in my mind that I would like to do!




Personal: Something I always put at the bottom of my list: me time and workouts! I want to focus on RELAXING when I can and boy-oh-boy do I need to get back on the workout and healthy eating bandwagon! I think I can...I think I can!! )

Organization: This may is hard to admit...but I am TERRIBLE about waiting until the last minute to post my grades! I mean I grade things every week, but posting online...not so much!  Please don't tell me I'm the ONLY one!

Planning: Two words: stay ahead! I am a professional procrastinator... I think I work better under pressure. Well, that's my excuse!

Professional:We are required to keep a class website at our school. Here's the thing though: of ALL websites, ours is without a shadow of a doubt the HARDEST to navigate of ANY website EVER! I am pretty good with technical stuff too. Did I mention I have been to two website trainings...that weren't even required to figure out the dang thing? UGH! Now that I have entered the bloggy world, I don't want to give it up! I love all the support and ideas we share as teachers. I think once a week is an achievable goal...don't you?!

Students: One of my goals every year is to instill the love of learning in my little nuggets. I try to make our learning as fun and engaging where they can't wait to learn something else. Another goal is to help them understand that we are all different and learn differently. Some of us learn quicker than others and some subjects are easier! Last year I had a child who came around January and completely disrupted our mojo we had going. He was the kind of student that all the teachers knew around the school and not because I had told them about him, he showed himself to them! I had so many students get frustrated with him because they didn't understand that he was "different" and couldn't catch on like they could and sometimes couldn't control his actions. I even found myself frustrated at times. I hope to create a learning community where my kiddos are loving and accepting to every one...even the ones who are "different."

Motto:"Every day may not be good...but there is something good in every day." This is such a positive outlook and I LOVE it! We all have those days where everything we would like to achieve in the classroom just doesn't happen how we plan it. Good news is that every day we get a fresh start!  Don't you love that?!

Can't wait to read all of your goals! If you haven't already, head on over to Jess' blog to link up! She does an awesome job of explaining how to do so! :)

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment